I’m a BIG supporter of Rozanna Purcell‘s cooking philosophy, and her recipes are delicious. I am thrilled to have her as a Guest Blogger; feature a Natural Born Feeder recipe!
I have a soft spot for peanut butter. And brownies. These Natural Born Feeder Peanut Butter Brownie Squares are perfect when you want something sweet, minus all those additives. Guilt free, but I am finding it hard to stop at one!
Peanut Butter Brownie Squares
- 150g dates
- 200g almonds
- 50g dark chocolate melted
- 150g coconut oil
- 200g peanut butter
- 150g maple/agave/honey (although maple or agave taste a little better here)
- 100g roughly crushed roasted peanuts
- For the base, mix all in the base ingredients until a fine bread crumb like mix.
- Press this mix down firmly and evenly into a square brownie tin (6″ or 8″).
- Set aside to the fridge while you make the awesome topping!
- For the top layer, melt the coconut oil over low heat( ensure there is no bubbling or boiling), stir in the peanut butter, maple and stir until there is no separation between the liquids.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed peanuts, pour over the base. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours until set.